Sharing is caring!
Puerto Rican sopa de salchichon (salami soup) is really a Puerto Rican soup recipe that is bold and flavorful with salchichon, potatoes, and noodles in a robust tomato and garlic based broth.
Soup meals are a well liked around here, specially our sopa de fideo (Puerto Rican chicken noodle soup) and sancocho soup recipe.
Most sensible thing relating to this salami soup recipe is the fact that it could be consumed round year!
Growing up my mother would frequently times get this sopa de salchichon on rainy times.
I recall getting freshly cut chunks of Goya salchichon while she had been prepping the components.
Also even today, i need to have few bites.
The ingredients for sopa de salchichon are:
- Goya salchichon is better!
- veggies & herbs
- do-it-yourself sofrito
- container of pimentos
- bay leaf
- tomato sauce
- seasonings & spices
- homemade sazon
- garlic powder
- sodium and pepper
- ham bullion (Goya offers them in tiny bins. Utilize chicken if you cannot get hold of ham.)
- spaghetti pasta (or fideos)
Steps to make sopa de salchichon
This easy salami soup recipe is manufactured in only several actions!
- Heat salami for a couple mins having a small oil to launch the sebum present in salchichon.
- Result in the base sauce with sofrito, onions, garlic, cilantro, tomato sauce, and natural natural herbs and spices.
- Add in water and potatoes and cook for 30 minutes.
- Stir in noodles and prepare until noodles have actually softened.
- Flavor for seasoning and offer!
What is salchichon?
Salchichon is a summer that is smoked sausage much like Genoa salami. It is firm, yet soft, and it has a sweetness that is mild tips of smokey paprika and some more concealed spices (likely oregano, garlic, and possibly nutmeg).